Sunday, February 7, 2010

Back in the painting groove! - "Passage II" Palette Knife Abstract on Panel

©2010 Mark Yearwood
"Passage II"
8''x8'' Acrylic Palette Knife Abstract on RayMar Canvas Panel
$75 (US shipping included)
Purchase with PayPal at markyearwood.com

I'm back into the painting groove after working on the 36x48 painting posted a few days ago. I just finished this one and have two more in progress which will be up in the next couple of days. I really get into these minis and explore new techniques and color combinations which can be used for larger works. The trouble with these being so small is having to use restraint and not overpaint them. I also want to use good balance and arrangement just the same as a large painting. Working small helps me to slow down and focus on each area of the painting. I still use the palette knife in the same loose way, but the strokes are more controlled on the small panels.

Emails with questions or comments are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment