Monday, June 6, 2011

Pushing boundaries with new techniques...


©2011 Mark Yearwood

"Beyond the Static" 12''x12''x1.5'' Acrylic on cradled panel

I've kicked off a series of work on panel, and I'm having quite a blast exploring some new techniques of applying and removing paint to get to the end result you see here. I'm creating a history of sorts, with many thin glaze layers applied and subsequently sanded in areas to take the paint back a bit and reveal some interesting forms and texture. This is totally different than my normal heavy textured palette knife painting on canvas and I really like the direction it has taken. I'm doing these without using a brush, dragging paint with different tools in thin translucent layers. They take a while to complete this way and I'm working out in my head a way to move to larger panels and still achieve the same results. I guess I will need bigger tools!

Available at www.markyearwood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment