Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Ripreso" - Triptych- Mixed Media Abstract

©2010 Mark Yearwood

"Ripreso"
30''x12''x2''
Triptych- Canvas mounted on wood panel with reclaimed materials.

I have been experimenting with mixed media again. I really like putting things together and creating textures along with the paint, so here is my latest...called "Ripreso" which means "reclaimed" in Italian. I used 8x8'' canvas mounted to a reclaimed wood panel and applied papers, corrugated cardboard, bamboo sticks, and sandpapers. I didn't count the layers of red glazes, but these are rich under good lighting. Each canvas is 8''x8''.

Available at
MarkYearwood.com
Email for info or custom commissions

2 comments:

  1. Mark,
    I was looking for abstract blogs, because i enjoy the art work. I'm happy i found yours.
    Your work is something that i will look forward to seeing over again.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie,
    thank you for the comments. I fall behind in blogging, but hope you find interest in what I do.

    --Mark :)

    ReplyDelete