Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Dorato" 36''x48'' Canvas Abstact

©2010 Mark Yearwood

"Dorato"
36''x48''x1.5''
Textured Acrylic Palette Knife Painting on Gallery Canvas
Available at markyearwood.com
Email for info about large custom commissions.

I am a little behind in posting, but here is a large piece I finished a few days ago. Things are getting pretty busy, both in art opportunities and other life matters. I have a new gallery to paint for as well as some summer and fall fetsivals, so paint is flying every chance I get!

With this painting and some other recent ones, I have gone with a more atmospheric approach while keeping the rough palette knife elements which have become my trademark. I like the warmth of the piece with the dabs of turquoise. The name is Italian for "golden".

Tomorrow....a new 12''x12''.


No comments:

Post a Comment