Monday, November 23, 2009

"Days of Pen and Ink" Acrylic/Mixed Media

© 2009 Mark Yearwood Yearwood Design Works, LLC
"Days of Pen and Ink"
12''x12''x1.5''
Acrylic with applied papers and ink.
Available
I found this neat printed paper with old postcards and handwritten notes and I thought about with all of today's technology, how the art of sitting down and handwriting a note or letter is being lost. I've noticed how over the years, my handwriting has lost it's original flare.
Use it or lose it, so they say.
This was a fun piece to do. I applied the "note'' section and black fibrous paper with medium, antiqued it and did a little stylized scribble. I could have done more to this piece, but decided the focal point was telling the story well enough. Warm tones help with the feeling.
Contact me about this piece
More works at markyearwood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment